Tuesday, November 02, 2010

the soul's alphabet

"

and they said to me 'write'

and I asked 'of what shall I write?'

They answered 'write words that inspire us, lift us to higher, nobler things.'

I asked 'do you want the words as a scripture, as a story, as a poem, or simply as a child speaking?'

 

Now there followed much discussion, much heated argument about respecting traditions or interpreting meanings or having regard to this or that sensibility or establishing the historicity of the words or the burden of responsibility in translating or………..

Meanwhile, with the cannon cacophony of their doubtless well intentioned but grossly heated disputes receding in my consciousness like the dying groans of thunder as the sun broke through, I began writing…….

love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love

In my life I have not yet finished writing……….

"

gg

No comments: