Sunday, May 16, 2010

regression obsession

 

I have received an email notification for a program that 'records  your screen activities and plays them back like a movie to see what you did the whole day." It's a fair program and I can see it has uses when you have 'client-orientated work'.

But, you gotta admit, the general concept seems a little humorous.I mean, today is the 16th., so I can spend today looking at what I did yesterday 15th – and what I did yesterday (15th) was spend the day looking at what I did the day before (14th) – and what I did 14th was spend the day looking at what I did the day before (13th – no it wasn't a friday),…. and so on, ad infinitum!

Now, please forgive me for this, but my neurons and dendrites can't help relating the above to studies of the Bible, or The Koran, or The Ghita, or…. well, you get the idea. The main difference being, of course, that the majority of 'students' stick at the bits they like best and then keep 'replaying that program'.

Take, for example, the Judao/Christian obsession with sin and guilt. All of it premised upon the ancient story of Adam, Eve and that pesky snake. How many 'students' go beyond to the FIRST creation story in the Bible? You know, that one where the One God created everything (and condemned nothing)  and 'behold, it was very good'.

Still, who am I to question the record getting stuck on the gramophone player and repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating………..

I would rather be in the NOW listening to the voice of my heart. Since I am a part of the One God and can never, therefore, be apart from the One God – I'll listen for the whispers of lovingness that echo through me to the world around me.

No comments: